Pantzaria Salata: Cold Beet and Garlic Salad
This cold salad is easy to make, and delicious. The combination of beets and garlic is a Greek favorite.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds of fresh red beets or 2 cans of sliced beets (discard liquid)
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (Omit during oil free days)
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- sea salt (optional)
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
If using fresh beets: Remove leaves, leaving about an inch of stem, and don't cut the taproot. Wash gently (don't break the
Combine beets, garlic, oil, and vinegar in a bowl and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate covered for several hours before serving.
Euphemia the Great Martyr; Sebastiana, Disciple of St. Paul the Apostle; Dorotheos the Hermit of Egypt; Melitina the Martyr; Afterfeast of the Holy Cross; Ninian the Enlightener of Scotland; Edith the Nun of Wilton Abbey